MATHCOUNTS® School Handbook
More than 50,000 copies of the new 2009-2010 MATHCOUNTS School Handbook, Volume I will be distributed to middle schools across the country in early September. There are over 100 creative problems meeting National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) standards for grades 6-8. These problems are also available for download on the website.
Schools that have signed up a Math Club for the MATHCOUNTS Club Program will receive a copy of Volume II automatically.
Whether you incorporate the materials into your classroom or use them as an extracurricular activity, we hope you find these and other MATHCOUNTS resources helpful.
- Critical 2009-2010 Dates: page 4
- Introduction: page 5
- New This Year: pages 6-7
- Vocabulary/Formulas: pages 20, 21
- Handbook Problems (Warm-ups, Workouts, Stretches): pages 27-36
- What About Math? Introduction and Problems: pages 37-42
- Answers to Handbook and What About Math? Problems: pages 43-46
- Solutions to Handbook and What About Math? Problems: pages 47-54
- Problem Index: page 55
- MATHCOUNTS Club Program Information: pages 23-26, 64
- Competition and Club Program Registration Form: page 64